Wednesday 29 February 2012

An iPhone finally …

Having previously blogged from my iPod Touch … very successfully and been constantly frustrated trying to use a BlackBerry for the same purpose, I have finally succumbed and purchased an iPhone.

The rest of the world already knows what an incredibly clever piece of equipment these are… I did too but was more drawn to the style and feel of the BlackBerry. Delaying the purchase has had its benefits: there is unlikely to be a better phone for a couple of years.

I am not completely anti-BlackBerry and as tweeted recently, believe the PlayBook to be an excellent innovation in terms of its size and ability. I am though frustrated continually by the arrogance of its Canadian developers: RIM. We had to wait nearly a year for basic applications.

So where to now? I remain hopeful of being able to link my phone by Blue-tooth to the PlayBook but am not optimistic of that happening soon. In the immediate future I can see the smaller of my two "pocket" computers keeping me happy.

One day Apple might just produce an iPad of the same size as the PlayBook - on present customer service I have to say that I'd switch overnight. A challenge therefore to both for my loyalty?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: